The following facilities are available at our retirement villages:
- Frail Care Centre - Centurion has 31 beds, Heuwelsig has 37 beds, The Willows has 19 beds.
- Kitchen and dining hall that provides well-balanced midday meals, six days per week. On public holidays there will be take-away meals available.
- 24-Hour access control and additional guarding and patrolling at night.
- Electric fencing along the perimeters.
- Recreational facilities including a swimming pool, lapa and braai facilities.
- Minibus to transport residents to a choice of local shopping centres.
- Hair dressing salon and library.
- Weekly domestic cleaning and gardening services (excluding The Willows).
- Remote controlled panic button system.
- Administrative services such as postal collection and delivery.
- Protea Heuwelsig will provide assisted living facilities.
The dining hall offers well-balanced and healthy midday meals at a reasonable cost, except on Saturdays and public holidays, where take-away meals will be provided. Social functions are held on a regular basis in the Dining Hall, i.e. Valentine’s Dinners, Father’s Day Lunch, Mother’s Day Lunch, outside braai at the lapa, soup and sherry social, tea parties, Christmas Dinner, etc.
Frail Care Centre
We have a frail care centre situated in each of the retirement villages and we offer 24-hour loving care and nursing, with a warm, clean and homely atmosphere at reasonable daily tariffs. There is a total of 31 beds in Centurion, 37 beds in Heuwelsig, 19 beds in The Willows. Short- and long term accommodation is available for residents.
We can accommodate patients with special needs and those with an ill-health condition such as Alzheimer’s or diabetes, or individuals who are physical weak. Out-patients are also welcome at the frail care centre. Entrust your loved ones to our care during holidays or other occasions. We offer complete peace of mind to you and your family. Your health is important to us.
The Unitas Hospital and the 1 Military Hospital and pharmacies are situated in close proximity to the Protea Retirement Villages Centurion and Heuwelsig. The Life Healthcare Wilgers Hospital is situated close to Protea Retirement Village Willows.
Safety and Security
We offer strict 24-hour entry control with only one entrance to the security village. We also have security personnel that patrol the villages at night. The perimeter of the Villages is enclosed with an electric security fence and the security efforts are monitored by a highly accredited security company and armed response unit.
Each unit in the retirement villages is provided with a remote controlled panic button. When used, it is registered at the Security Office and Frail Care Centre that assistance is needed at the unit.
The safety of the Residents is one of the villages major priorities and we strive to guarantee a peaceful and safe reside in the villages.
We offer the following activities at the security villages:
- Special lunches, guest speakers and entertainment;
- Movie and music evenings;
- Excursions to theatres, garden expos, and more;
- Bingo, snooker, putt-putt and bridge card games.
For more information about the retirement villages, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.